Saturday, May 2, 2009

What I'm talking about when I'm talking about liking things.

It's important to like things and even more so, I maintain it is important to acknowledge liking things. And people. And stuff. And ideas. And even that song Cat's In the Cradle that makes me cry out of guilt that I haven't called my parents enough recently when hear it over the speakers when I am buying saline solution at Walgreen's. The point is, it was a good cry and I liked it.

I've wanted to start a blog for awhile now but I believe that blogs, like afterschool specials, should be mission-driven. So my entire mission with my blog will be to only focus on the positive. That is, things I like. Like most people, I have far too many outlets to purge all my dark feelings about the world-as-it-is and not nearly enough opportunity to reflect on what is good. It's also partly just an exercise in discipline for my brain-parts which generally prefer to do the neural equivalent of stare out the window at the pretty colors and as a personal mandate to focus on the positive.

I'm glad I did this. I'm glad you're here. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment